Learning how to clean your crystal properly is something any crystal collector should know. Crystal is unlike your standard glass, it requires maintenance, upkeep and care to keep it in the best shape it can be in. Cleaning your crystal properly will preserve the life you get out of your crystal and keep it sparkling for longer!
Preparing to Clean Your Crystal
- The crystal should be at room temperature before washing.
- Remover any jewellery such as your wedding ring before washing as it can scratch or damage the crystal.
Washing Your Crystal
- Use mild soap flakes or a small amount of liquid detergent in warm water.
- Wash in warm water with a soft cloth or sponge, then rinse with clear warm water.
- Mind the tap as we get most of our repairs from people that have chipped glasses, vases, bowls and more by knocking the crystal off the tap.
Drying Your Crystal
- Dry your crystal with a soft lint-free cloth to prevent water spotting.
- When drying stemware try to not to twist the stem while drying the rest of the glass as this may cause the stem of the glass to break.
- With gold and platinum banded products, wait until the crystal has cooled before wiping dry.
Hopefully, our tips on how to keep your crystal clean and sparkling have helped you or you can at least take something away from this post. If you have had an accident with your crystal pieces of have found chipped crystal in your cabinet, be sure to see our video on how we repair your crystal when it comes into our shop.